YOU CAN DANCE
BATTLE OF THE BOROUGHS
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. All schools within each borough are invited to enter the competition.
2. Each borough will be split into two categories KS2 primary & secondary.
3. Children must attended the same school and either enter as a solo, duo or as a group.
4. It can be any style of dance.
5. Music of own choice but must be age appropriate and not contain any swearing, no sexual references, political views or racial comments.
6. Act must not be more than 2 minutes long.
7. Each act must fill in an application form and record their set.
8. Deadline for audition videos & application forms is 16th December 2016.
9. Videos can either be uploaded to you tube and link added to appliction form or emailed
10. Ten acts from each borough will be selected to compete in their live heat.
11. Winner from each borough will then go head to head in grand live final.
12. All successful applicants will be notified by email, with their confirmed live heat date.
13. Winners must be able to attend their live heat and the grand final on Saturday 3rd June 2017
14. Exact date, time and venue will be confirmed once application accepted.
15. Grand final will consist of 8 primary school acts and 8 secondary school acts.
16. Trophies for winners of each category.
17. Cash prize offered to overall winner and title of ‘ Surrey’s Best Dance Act 2017’
18. Top industry judges.
19. Surrey Boroughs:
Elmbridge – live heat - week commencing 23rd Jan 2017
Epsom Ewell – live heat - week commencing 30th Jan 2017
Guildford - live heat - week commencing 6th Feb 2017
Runneymede – live heat - week commencing 20th Feb 2017
Mole Valley – live heat - week commencing 27th Feb 2017
Spelthorne – live heat – week commencing 6th March 2017
Surrey Heath – live heat – week commencing 13th March 2017
Woking – live heat – week commencing 20th March 2017
20. Each school can enter more than one act.
All entries must be sent to redz.streetdance@gmail. com
For additional information, please contact 07847500439